Friday, November 4, 2011

Decision Drama

There are two things that have rocked my mind this week, and one of those is not school. I am trying to decide whether to take an internship or not. On Sunday, I met this guy who started his company 2 months ago. He left his old job in the U.S. because he noticed a gap in the marketplace. He is developing a product to make human resources departments more efficient with the hiring process. He wants me to come on board as an intern and help market the product to U.S. companies, working late afternoons into evenings. But I wouldn't be working all the time, just a few days a week. It would cut into my social life, but that wouldn't be the worst thing. The main issue is that I came to Israel to get a Master's degree in Organizational Behavior then work in the human resources field.

For whomever doesn't know, I originally found out about the Master's in Israel program while I was compiling a booklet of Israel opportunity programs for my Hillel internship. I came across the MASA website and read through a bunch of programs in which I thought would interest many students who would eventually see the booklet. All of a sudden, I saw the description for the Master's program and knew I had to do the program. I was simultaneously taking a Social-Organizational Psychology class, which was very interesting to me. This class, and the professor, Janet Barnes-Farrell at UConn, made me want to do HR for a career. And this past summer, while my friend Mike was interning at GE, I shadowed his HR manager to make sure this career field was what I wanted to do. I figured out that it is! So then why am I having such a huge time deciding whether to take this internship?! This job is not really related to HR, but I would get more experience in marketing and entrepreneurship selling an HR product. I originally wanted to get HR work experience. The other choice I have is to work at an HR department at a hotel (which I mentioned in my previous post) or do whatever Oranim finds me for an internship. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The other thing is a girl. No joke. She agreed to go out on a date with me last week but then turned me down and said we should just be friends. I don't know, I just can't get her out of my head. I wasn't so serious about it when I asked her out, but now my mind has changed. She didn't really give me a chance. She's really cool, not a bitch at all. I just want to show her that I am worth trying to date.

Let me know what you think about both subjects... please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment